Heidi and I, after over 30 years of marriage, continue to grow in our love for each other. We are deeply committed to our three children. From Jeremy who serves in the Marines, to Joel who rivals my knowledge of history and geography, and Gailynn who is preparing to care for our future generations as a pediatrician.
Together we work to make Pullman and our world a better place.
Heidi and Gailynn while working with a medical team in Ecuador.
Jeremy with his fellow marines
Joel stirring the big pot of Lentil Chili
A Strong History
Pullman doesn’t exist in a vacuum, but what happens in Olympia and Washington D.C. impacts our community.
I have worked hard to influence the Washington state legislature, state and federal agencies, and Congress to act based on what is best for Pullman.
I believe that a person’s value is inherent and not based on their individual physical characteristics. Each person has the ability to positively impact society and the people around them. It is important for each of us to make time to listen to each person and all sides of an issue.
The best solutions can only be accomplished if we pool our skills and knowledge and work collaboratively together.
The people in our community is what makes Pullman great. I believe that it is important to invest and serve all community members. We need to respect those who have gone before us while preparing the next generation of leaders.
We must invest in consistent managed economic growth to insure we have the living wage and entry-level jobs necessary to meet employment needs as well as a fiscally appropriate tax base to meet community infrastructure requirements.
Francis is an energetic community organizer and activist with a passion for the whole community; from youth mentoring to senior advocacy, from the homeless and the food insecure to economic development and training entrepreneurs.
His leadership includes:
- Active member of the Pullman community since 1984
- Co-chair, Pullman 2040
- President, Pullman Community
- Council on Aging
- President, Kiwanis
- Board Member, Pullman Chamber
- Director, Palouse Knowledge Corridor
- Lentil Festival – Over the Chili Bowl
- High School Youth Mentor
- Innovia Leadership Council
- Town Gown Collaborative
- Regional Housing Leadership Team
- Friends of Scouting Breakfast chair
- Washington Policy Center Eastern Washington Advisory Board
- Palouse Ice Rink Association
- Meals on Wheels
- Community Food Bank
- Past President, Association of Washington Cities
- Past Co-chair, Be The Entrepreneur Bootcamp
- Past Board member, Whitman County American Red Cross
- Past member, City of Pullman Human Rights Commission